NHS Improvement has selected seven Ttrusts to take part in its new three year Lean programme in a bid to deliver a Lean Management system in their organisation.
The programme will build on the success of NHS Improvement's partnership with the Virginia Mason Institute and other independent programmes in the NHS, for example those implemented by Western Sussex Hospitals, Royal Bolton Hospital and Ttrusts in the North East of England.
The focus of the programme will firmly be on delivering results patients will see and feel, and to bring success to the first cohort by building a network to share best Lean practice across the NHS.
Lean: is an improved method to allow staff and patients to improve their own processes and ways of working.
The first seven Ttrusts that have been selected for the Lean programme are:
- Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust