Highlights of the National Comparative Audits of Blood Transfusion
A joint SHOT and NCA webinar will run on Tuesday 15 February 2022 (14:00–15:00 GMT).
The National Comparative Audit (NCA) of Blood Transfusion is the largest programme of clinical audits of blood transfusion in the world and is funded by NHS Blood and Transplant in England. Please join us for our webinar where the NCA team will present the findings from three National Comparative Audits and the SHOT team will provide insights from haemovigilance reporting:
• 2018 audit of the use of fresh frozen plasma, cryoprecipitate and transfusions for bleeding in neonates and older children – Dr Helen New
• 2019 Re-audit of the medical use of red cells – Dr Andrew Charlton
• 2021 audit of NICE Quality Standard 138 – Professor Mike Murphy and John Grant-Casey.
This one-hour webinar is free to access and will include:
- A 40-minute presentation by experts from NCA and SHOT
- A 20-minute interactive Q&A session.
An excellent opportunity for CPD through reflective practice, with the following learning objectives:
• Understand how to avoid unnecessary paediatric plasma transfusions
• Changing the way we use blood for greater patient benefit
• Discover how trusts are complying with the NICE Quality Standard
This webinar will be relevant to all healthcare professionals involved in transfusion – nursing staff, laboratory staff, clinicians, transfusion practitioners, clinical audit and effectiveness teams, quality managers, haemovigilance and risk management specialists
Click here to register.
The Zoom link to the live event is contained in the registration email.
You can also contact SHOT directly to register by email ([email protected]).