Nanosonics is hosting a complimentary event in May featuring six independent speakers presenting on topics relating to the latest decontamination developments in an ultrasound environment.
The Decontamination of Ultrasound Probes Study Day will take place on Friday 10 May at the four-star Ardencote resort and spa in Warwick from 9am to 3pm. Attendees can earn four CPD points in accordance with the Royal College of Radiologists CPD Scheme.
The event will be chaired by Claire Jones-Manning, Decontamination Lead, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, who will also present “Why we mandated an automated high level solution at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.”
Other speakers will be:
- Karren Staniforth, Clinical Scientist, Infection Prevention & Control, Nottingham University Hospitals – What is decontamination?
- Wayne Spencer, Authorising Engineer Decontamination, Spencer Nickson Ltd – When decontamination goes wrong – why we need a validated process
- Dr Peter Cantin, Consultant Sonographer, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust – A clinical users viewpoint
- Liz Collins, Clinical Lead Infection Prevention, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust – Organisational awareness, assessment and implementation
- Dr Ruth Carrico, Associate Professor and Family Nurse Practitioner with the University of Louisville School Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, and founding Associate Director of the School of Medicine Global Health Initiative – The proliferation of ultrasound, use of sheath and gels, high level disinfection
“Our study day is also an excellent networking opportunity for those working with infection prevention and control, and decontamination, as well as the clinical areas involved with ultrasound,” said Bryn Tudor-Owen, Country Manager, UK and Ireland. “In the past this event has been very popular so I recommend anyone who is interested, to register as soon as possible. Spaces are available on a first come first served basis,” he added.
To register, please click here, or email [email protected] or call 01484 860581.
Ardencote is a four-star conference and spa resort located on estate in Warwickshire
More about Nanosonics UK