ABBOTT’s i-STAT Alinity System, a handheld blood testing platform, received CE Mark and is now for sale in Europe and other countries that recognise CE Mark.
The portable device can perform and analyse a large menu of blood tests on a single device, ranging from blood chemistries to cardiac markers, using only two to three drops of a person’s blood. Delivering results in two to 10 minutes, i-STAT Alinity equips healthcare professionals with the information they need to make fast and accurate medical decisions without ever leaving their patient’s side. Its advanced connectivity features allow testing to be conducted virtually anywhere.
Patented features include:
- Expansive testing menu capabilities to enable the most combinations of tests in a single cartridge and new types of tests in the future, including tests for brain injury, infectious disease and oncology.
- Advanced quality control features designed with patient safety and regulatory compliance in the forefront.
- Wireless or hard-wired connectivity so healthcare providers can manage diagnostic data and oversight with the broader healthcare system’s network.
- Cloud connectivity that uses a standard web browser, making it easy for health systems to customise multiple i-STAT Alinity instruments and provide seamless transmission of quality control data.
- A large, bright, colour touchscreen with graphicsdriven, on-screen guidance and advanced light and sound notifications that alert clinicians with critical information.
- Durable materials designed to prevent damage from drops and harsh cleaning substances commonly used in clinical settings.
More about Abbott Point of Care